REFERENCE NUMBER: 1237782
Amazon Marketplace Supervisor
Our client is a full-service digital agency based in sunny Denver, CO. They partner with companies who believe in using digital to drive their business forward. Their services include digital advertising—paid search, paid social, media, Amazon—SEO, content marketing, and creative. With real, straightforward relationships at the core of what they do, they manage over $100M in media each year for brands like Western Union, Living Proof, Dermalogica, Unilever, Dish, Stio, Aspen Skiing Company, and Shane Co.
They are seeking an Amazon Marketplace Supervisor to support advertising subject matter experts that specializes in marketplace and retail media channels. This position is responsible for supporting organizational goals and best practices, training, and onboarding of staff members, recurring training with current employees, and leveraging their marketplace & retailer expertise with hands-on client work. The ideal candidate for this role can wear two hats, which include digging into technical platform requirements, while also advising on the strategic direction for Booyah’s marketplace & retail media channels.
- Flexibility and appreciation for getting deployed to the hottest client fires on an as-needed basis
- Act as a Strategist and integrate with a paid media team as needed to support the rollout of new initiatives, POV development, troubleshooting, or lack of agency resources
- Strategize and execute digital marketplace execution as needed for a maximum of 30 hours/week
- Manage key departmental project initiatives that have a strategic and organizational-wide impact, which includes piloting new test programs and rolling out successful pilot programs to the broader media team
- Work closely with the VP of Search, Director of Analytics, and Creative Director to ensure that processes are developed, implemented, communicated, and consistently followed
- Directly responsible for communication with prospective vendors, evaluating new marketplace and retail opportunities, and testing and measurement of those platforms in order to follow up with account teams on best practices
- Partner with VP of Search to maintain relationships and regular communication with key agency partners regarding betas, new product updates, and agency requests
- Support VP of Search with business development requests, which includes account audits and maintaining audit process standardization, partner discovery, capabilities, story development, and pitch presentations
- Facilitate and teach executional best practices to staff of all levels for both paid and organic marketplace strategies, including for all Amazon and other various marketplace platforms
- Host monthly marketplace roundtable meetings with the agency, developing presentation slides and guiding the conversation across all account teams
- Support staff onboarding by developing onboarding schedules, educating new staff on best practices and processes, creating & updating onboarding materials as needed within the Amazon partner management network system, and identifying areas of opportunity to further train new hires
- Organize regular training meetings to communicate new platform betas/products, and facilitate new best practices among media SMEs
- Support hiring efforts by leading technical interviews with Manager and Strategist candidates
- Support account teams by providing general troubleshooting support, both strategic and technical, and submitting feedback for evaluation scorecards & promotion endorsements
Desired background and skills:
- 4-5 years of client-facing digital marketplace management at an advertising agency, specializing in Amazon and other retail marketplaces.
- Expert in Amazon Ad consoles, including campaign setup, ad sales attribution, impact on organic ranking, and advertising and operational reporting
- Expert in Amazon organic media, including keyword research, PDP copywriting, A+ content and strategy, pixel, SEO mata fields, product variations, and category restrictions,
- Expert in Amazon Creative elements, including A+ Content, Store, Amazon Live, and Posts
- Expert in Amazon operational strategies and management responsibilities such as support ticketing, inventory management best practices, review building, retailer terms & conditions, customer service, and shipment requirements and methodologies
- Strong understanding of the impact of tentpole events such as Prime Day, especially as it relates to the impact on brands’ DTC website sales
- Hands-on experience working within other retail media platforms such as Walmart, Instacart, Criteo, and others.
- Hands-on experience working within marketplace and retail programmatic offerings, such as the Amazon DSP, Walmart Connect, and others.
- Must have experience with both Vendor and Seller Accounts on Amazon.
- Strong knowledge of Brand Registry and trademark programs
- Experience recommending attribution models, lookback windows, and the nuances of attribution between marketplace platforms, as well as off-marketplace traffic source measurement.
- Highly experienced in media planning, execution, and optimization of best practices across a variety of digital media types with managed service media partners with strong knowledge of associated creative types
- Vast network of marketplace media partner relationships across all aforementioned channels
- Must have eCommerce or related planning and execution experience
- Strong knowledge of how to plan across an array of ecommerce verticals for both 3rd party sellers and 1st party manufacturers
- Experience working cross-functionally with various teams and influencing the direction of media plans that would be managed by other resources
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and processes effectively and/or previous training experience
- Experience with verification and viewability platforms
- Strong and highly proactive communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Self-sufficient, problem solving skills