REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP1774
Director of Accounts
The Director of Accounts is responsible for overseeing the management of client relationships and success across teams. They will lead a team of account managers who manage clients. They will also act as the direct point of contact for various enterprise-level accounts.
This role will report directly to the VP of Client Services. This is a key client-facing position which will be responsible for leading and growing key relationships, provide leadership across all of client services, and will hold accountability for the health and growth of accounts and teams.
- Account Management – Oversee overall management of all client relationships across a set of teams. Owns the relationship for enterprise level accounts. Ensure our clients view us as a partner to help with overall company strategy and consulting.
- Delivery & Performance Management – Oversees the team’s delivery process, providing regular feedback and suggestions. Accountable for achieving plan objectives across client accounts and consistent execution of the process.
- Team Development – Develop direct reports and help with their team’s development. Act as a coach and mentor for direct reports as well as entire client services team. Recruit, hire, and train future account leaders.
- Client Strategy – Responsible for the overall design of the client strategy and planning process, including onboarding process, review and meeting processes, etc. Present strategies and proposals for client upsells.
- Lead client meetings when needed across multiple teams being managed. Able to “tell the story” to the client with their eyes closed as well as lead client meetings
- Focuses on doing what is best for all clients. Always acts in the best interest for all clients and ensures that all team members are doing so as well and sets the example on this for others.
- Responsible for hitting client and team retention targets (and financial benchmarks). Creates strategy to hit targets and supports implementation across teams.
- Communication Skills – speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Great listener.
- Presentation Skills – Skilled in presenting and having command with senior level clients and large rooms of people.
- Client/Relationship Focus – dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations of clients, establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients.
- Intelligence/Learner & Teacher – learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, loves finding best practices, enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Strategic Thinking – Identify and communicate the big picture in an effective way. Proven ability to deeply understand a client’s business model, generate strategic ideas and effectively communicate/influence C-suite.
- Develops Team & Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks/assignments aware of each person’s goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Able to work with broad spectrum of people – senior to junior level, multiple mindsets.
- Organization and Planning – plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
- Analytical Skills – able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- 10+ years of proven client service/account management success, including extensive agency experience
- 5-10+ years of demonstrated success managing and building effective teams (including teams of 10+)
- 3-5+ years of PPC/SEO experience, ability to create successful “high-level” channel strategies –strong knowledge of multiple digital channels and how they work together (SEM, SEO, CRO, Social, Shopping, Display, etc.)
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience managing and building large multi-channel relationships
- Proven track record of building relationships with senior level contacts
- Masters or MBA a plus
- Project management certifications/experience a plus
- Previous P/L responsibility a plus
- Ability to travel – Once a quarter (may fluctuate dependent on client needs)