REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP 1824
Director, Paid Media
New York, NY
Our client is looking for a goal-oriented Director of Paid Media to join their growing team. In this role, you will manage the team responsible for all aspects of a client’s digital marketing portfolio from top of funnel brand media through bottom of funnel performance media. The platforms you and your team will manage will include (but are not limited to) paid search, paid social, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, programmatic display, SEO, influencers, connected TV, digital out of home, Amazon Advertising, etc.
In addition to channel knowledge and management, you will serve as a main point of contact for our clients and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders on the client side. You will also manage multiple direct reports and own their development and growth within the company.
To succeed in this role, you should have experience working with the full marketing funnel, in-depth knowledge of paid search and paid social marketing channels, past client management and relationship building experience, team management experience, comfortable with stepping out of your comfort zone, and embrace learning new things in a quickly changing industry.
- Setting the vision for the client’s digital road map defining the overall strategy from short to long-term goals.
- Developing a standard of excellence around Performance and Brand Marketing focused on predictable, data-correlated plans to meet business goals.
- Connecting online and off-line channels and marketing to reflect omnichannel nature through customer journeys.
- Serving as the business expert on new emerging technologies to keep our clients on the forefront of customer experience leadership and staying current on emerging technology changes and innovations through formal and informal study, business and professional publication consumption, networking, and participation in professional organizations; ensure account services team is educated on this information.
- Developing and implementing scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth.
- Managing an expanding digital marketing team.
- Managing the client relationship and act as the lead point of contact for all client requests.
- Seeking opportunities to advance the client relationship and identify new business opportunities.
- Developing a deep understanding of each client’s business, industry, and competition.
- Bringing strategic and innovative ideas to client engagements.
- Leading the development of integrated marketing plans across multiple channels (paid search, SEO, brand media, programmatic display, paid social, etc.).
- Strategizing and executing large-scale client marketing programs.
- Participating in various aspects of new business pitches.
- Collaborating with senior leadership to problem solve staffing challenges.
- Conducting performance reviews and creating development plans for direct reports.
- Implementing policies and procedures to ensure the account services team is meeting and exceeding goals.
- Motivating, recognizing, and rewarding outstanding performance.
- Participating with senior leadership to problem solve company challenges and to work toward the achievement of company growth goals.
- Providing regular account updates to senior leadership.
- 7+ years’ experience marketing in digital channels – search (organic and paid), social, display, programmatic, and video.
- Experience working with creative and development teams to produce and iterate digital assets.
- Ability to produce cohesive media plans and go to market strategies for complex clients.
- Experience driving ROAS, lead gen, and subscription-based programs.
- Analytical and logical; standard strategic marketing skills (competitive assessment, industry analysis, SWOT, etc.).
- Well-rounded agency or consultancy expertise and comprehensive business understanding in the retail, CPG, or technology landscape preferred
- Solid and proven ability to lead and rally a team.
- The ability to lead and develop a “team structure” that fosters collaboration.
- A full-funnel marketer that is focused on business outcomes.
- An exceptional and rigorous marketing professional, with experience driving revenue growth through the full marketing funnel (awareness, acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention) and across the marketing mix (brand media and performance media).
- A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data and insights into strong, cohesive marketing strategies.
- Able to optimize campaigns to drive revenue growth and deliver on business KPIs, while also capable of building out a strategy that will propel long-term, profitable growth.
- Passionate about brand perception, consumer insights, and the role of awareness in growth and retention strategies.
- Customer-obsessed — you understand our customer and how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are agile and nimble in both leadership and execution.
- A highly collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude.
- An expert at balancing multiple initiatives and prioritizing work effectively.