REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP 1829
Managing Director, Client Strategy & Service
New York, NY
Our client is looking for a Managing Director, Client Strategy & Service to lead their clients and client management teams within the company’s New York City and Dallas offices. This role is responsible for delivering best-in-class digital marketing strategy to a portfolio of clients, managing a large-scale team of digital marketers, and ensuring proper alignment of personnel resources to fiscal responsibility for overall business health. This person must be a player-coach, be an operationally excellent team leader, as well as a mentor and inspirational influence. The Managing Director, Client Strategy & Service must be engaged and passionate about delivering outstanding work, staying one step ahead of the latest emerging digital trends/technologies, and helping clients navigate the ever-changing digital media and technology landscape.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Manage a team of Account Directors, Managers, and Coordinators by overseeing their day-to-day operations as well as long-term professional development. This includes recruitment, engagement, mentorship, and retention.
- Act as a lead consultant and provide guidance around integrated, omni-channel media planning and campaign strategy.
- Oversee the performance of campaigns by analyzing trends to see threats and opportunities, as well as working with the team to optimize programs to improve results.
- P&L responsibility for client portfolio across NYC and Dallas offices.
- Grow agency revenue and lead clients’ growth through effective management of client relationships, identifying growth opportunities on book of accounts, communicating value of new innovations to clients, and working with the team to implement strategy.
- Creating and fostering key partner relationships (Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc)
- Owning strategic relationships on the client-side, including Senior Directors, VPs and C-level contacts.
- Build team staffing plans that meet financial and developmental considerations.
- Support in new business pitches – including strategy and presentation development.
- Build a team culture that fulfills the agency’s core traits of being Informed and Curious, Driven and Collaborative, Direct and Kind, and Fun.
- Interface with key players in the advertising community and serve as company spokesperson at partner and industry events, as well as press opportunities.
- 12+ years of experience, including 8+ years managing multi-level teams (20+ members)
- Exceptional people management skills with a proven track-record for developing employees internally
- Expertise in cultivating lasting, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Prior P&L management experience
- Expertise in strategy, planning and buying of performance and addressable media channels – SEM, social, display, programmatic, video, digital tv
- Proficiency of web analytics systems (Google/Adobe Analytics) and other digital marketing tech such as DMPs and CDPs
- Combination of Client-side & Agency/Consultancy experience preferred
- Passion for digital marketing and client service