REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP1834
Shelby Township, MI
Our client is a growing baked goods brand looking for an experienced Sales Analyst to join their team in their brand new facility. In this position, you will help the company make more effective, analytically driven, and strategic operations decisions by compiling sales data and insights from various industry reporting tools (SPINS, Nielson, etc). You will prepare and distribute forecasting data used for demand planning, sales management and financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to help the company make more effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions.
- Work with outside sales groups and sales leadership to consolidate customer and sales team provided forecasts.
- Build models to analyze, report, and present sales and operations related data that is associated with customer pipeline, forecasting, and sales productivity.
- Prepare, review and distribute recurring forecasts used for demand planning, sales team management and financial reporting
- Track, analyze and report sales as a percentage of yearly/quarterly/monthly targets.
- Lead, compile, and communicate weekly and monthly sales data and insights (Customer POS, SPINS/Nielsen data, Basemakers etc).
- Execute predictive modeling for enhanced decision making and forecasting analysis.
- As needed, coordinate planning activities with other functions including Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing and Finance.
- Analyze plans, quota achievement, sales performance throughout the year
- Manage P&L for customers and overall sales activities and trade spend budget and trade spend discrepancy review.
- Assist senior leadership with the development of yearly strategic and operation plans
- Work on special projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed
- As we grow, responsibilities and duties will be altered through open dialog.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately report and model business operations
- Solid understanding of sales analytics, including reporting on category sales and pipeline, forecasting, and data quality metrics
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; detail and task oriented
- Effective communications with all levels within an organization
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strengths in accuracy and attention to detail
Education and Experience
- 2-3 years Business / Financial Analyst or equivalent experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Economics
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to understand sales, operational and financial data, summarize results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills- written & verbal
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope
- Ideally an understanding of sales support (vendor/distributor set up), data reporting (panel or IRI/Spins), and ability to learn new systems.
- Strong organization skills
- Full benefits coverage (health, vision, dental, PTO)
- Fun and collaborative team culture with high growth phase excitement
- Unlimited delicious baked goods!!!
For more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.