REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP1775
Our client is a top digital agency located in Houston. This agency was named one of the “Best Places to Work” and has glowing Glassdoor reviews. They have found enormous success due to the founder/president believing in hiring the best talent and treating them well. They are looking for an experienced SEO Director to join their team.
- Manages a team of organic search marketers
- Develop and foster long lasting client relationships
- Leads the SEO team in the continuing development of up-to-date SEO best practices & strategies
- Provide leadership, innovation, and process improvement initiatives to the firm and its clients
- Manage client expectations, deliverables and timelines
- Drives cross-team planning and strategies for all assigned clients
- Responsible for the optimization of key client accounts
- Works directly with clients to plan & implement online campaigns & SEO strategies that align with client KPIs and marketing goals
- Regularly creates, analyzes, and presents insightful and actionable SEO performance reports for client’s website(s)
- Direct and report findings of client Website Audits & Competitive Search Analyses
- Manages team that creates, proofs, and posts web copy, content documents and online marketing efforts including email campaigns
- Models the way for the SEO team to stay on top of SEO industry changes, social trends and search engine updates
- Mentors team members on SEO best practices & strategies and account management techniques
- Effectively prioritizes efforts to focus the team on delivering, track and report program results, participates in data analysis as well as regular client calls
- Time Management – uses time effectively/efficiently, prioritizes projects, gets more done in less time.
- Communication Skills – speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being over verbose or talkative. Great listener.
- Presentation Skills – skilled in presenting and having command with senior level clients and large rooms of people.
- Learning on the Fly – learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions.
- Creativity – comes up with new and unique channel and business ideas, and always adds value.
- Strategic Thinking – able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Proven ability to deeply understand a client’s business model, generate strategic ideas and effectively communicate/influence C-suite.
- Develops Team & Others – provides challenging and stretching tasks/assignments aware of each person’s goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Able to work with broad spectrum of people – senior to junior level, multiple mindsets.
- Organization and Planning – plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Analytical Skills – highly analytical mind, able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw. insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to Detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- 6-10+ years of SEO Account Management experience at an Agency for both domestic & international clients
- Proven history of successful SEO strategy creation and implementation
- Proven experience leading teams (5+) with a variety of levels of experience
- In depth understanding of search engines, search engine optimization and factors that influence high rankings in Google
- Extensive Experience with SEO migrations
- Experience with Google Search Console, and SEO Tools & Platforms such as Majestic SEO, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
- Experience with analytics suites such as Core Metrics or Google Analytics
- Excellent copywriting skills with a high standard of written English
- Basic HTML and CSS competency, and ability to specify technical changes to technical/development teams
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, and advanced skill with Excel
- Experience creating a personal websites a plus
- Ability to travel – Once a quarter (may fluctuate dependent on client needs)