REFERENCE NUMBER: ESP 1822
Sr. Manager, Paid Media
New York, NY
Our client is looking for a motivated, and goal-oriented senior account manager to join their team. You will manage all aspects of a client’s digital marketing portfolio from top of funnel brand media through bottom of funnel performance media. The platforms you will manage will include (but are not limited to) paid search, paid social, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, programmatic display, SEO, influencers, connected TV, digital out of home, Amazon Advertising, etc.
In addition to channel knowledge and management you will serve as a main point of contact for clients and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders on the client side. You will also manage multiple direct reports and own their development and growth within the company.
To succeed in this role, you should embrace learning new things in a quickly changing industry, you should have an in-depth knowledge of paid search and paid social marketing channels, past client management and relationship building experience, team management experience, and you should be comfortable with stepping out of your comfort zone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the client relationship and act as the lead point of contact for all client requests.
- Seeking opportunities to advance the client relationship and identify new business opportunities.
- Developing a deep understanding of each client’s business, industry, and competition
- Bringing strategic and innovative ideas to client engagements.
- Ownership of deliverables, priorities, tactical execution of marketing campaigns.
- Leading weekly client status calls, quarterly business reviews, and other client meetings.
- Interpreting results from various analytics sources to ensure client’s goals are being met and identify areas for improvement.
- Leading the development of integrated marketing plans across multiple channels (paid search, SEO, brand media, programmatic display, paid social, etc.).
- Serving as quality control for all deliverables.
- Overseeing account and specialist teams on a project and client basis.
- Managing your respective Account Management team along with their client book of business to provide the highest level of client service.
- Strategizing and executing large-scale client marketing programs.
- Collaborating with account services and data/analytics teams to develop and implement integrated marketing solutions.
- Participating in various aspects of new business pitches.
- Providing weekly reporting with a focus to provide actionable insights.
- Collaborating with senior leadership to problem solve staffing challenges.
- Conducting performance reviews and creating development plans for direct reports.
- Implementing policies and procedures to ensure the account services team is meeting and exceeding goals.
- Motivating, recognizing, and rewarding outstanding performance.
- Staying current on emerging technology changes and innovations through formal and informal study, business and professional publication consumption, networking, and participation in professional organizations; ensure account services team is educated on this information.
- Participating with senior leadership to problem solve company challenges and to work toward the achievement of company growth goals.
- Providing regular account updates to senior leadership.
- 5-7 years’ experience marketing in digital channels – search (organic and paid), social, display, programmatic and video.
- Experience working with creative and development teams to produce and iterate digital assets.
- Ability to produce cohesive media plans and go to market strategies for complex clients
- Experience driving ROAS, lead gen and subscription-based programs.
- Analytical and logical; standard strategic marketing skills (competitive assessment, industry analysis, SWOT, etc.).
- Solid and proven ability to lead and rally a team.
- The ability to work in a “team structure” that fosters collaboration.
- An energetic attitude and be passionate about your career.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.